It’s been a while since I’ve blogged here. Sorry. But don’t fret I’ll be posting hard here again once more!
And to mark my return I give you a New Super Mario Bros. Wii entry!
Game hit the stores today so naturally I needed to get it ASAP. I just pretty much just got home with my copy. We Australians were lucky enough to be the first country to get the game, much love to Nintendo of Australia for that, I sort of forgive you for some of the painstakingly long waits we have to endure for some other games.
Anyway love the spanking red case. I do hope Nintendo continues to do that with upcoming games, wouldn’t you love to a see a green case for the next Zelda game?
I’ll put in a good session of this tonight and I’ll post up some thoughts and comments the next day. I also need to gather up a few pals for a good multiplayer bash of this.
MadWorld is finally out here in Australia, can’t wait to get stuck into it, another ace game to play. Then it struck me, I’ve got a bit of a backlog of Wii games building up that I still need to finish and a few that I need to “start”.
- Wario Land: The Shake Dimension – I loved the Wario games on handheld. They were platforming brilliance. I can’t really say the same for this one. Sure it looked gorgeous (shame about no widescren support but I digress), however the levels were forgettable and having to buy new levels was just wrong. I am not motivated to go back and play previous levels so I can get enough coins to unlock the final world.
- No More Heroes – Currently rank three. Once again I can’t be bothered traveling through the boring overworld to do tedious minigame chores to get enough money to make progress. I really hope they get rid of the overworld in the sequel or at least make it a bit more bearable. I enjoy the ranked battles but I just don’t really enjoy anything inbetween.
- Super Paper Mario – It’s platforming Mario with RPG elements. So why am I just not motivated to make any progress in this. I think I’m up to the fifth world? It’s been that long since I put it in that I’ve forgot where I’m up to.
- Resident Evil 4 – Oh wow I sort of haven’t made any progress in this game since I first popped this in my Wii in January. I got up to the first town, got decapitated and stopped. It’s not even my game. I really should get around to beating this so I can return it. I know everyone raves about this being excellent but survival horrors aren’t my forte, I’m a run in guns blazing screw you ammo management sort of guy.
- Tenchu: Shadow Assassins – Another game I’ve borrowed off a friend. Sort of gave up at the tutorial/first level because I kept failing (at being stealthy ninja like) and being sent back to the checkpoint. Am I just that terrible at these sorts of games? I think I should just return this.
And not to mention other games that I still need to unlock items, characters etc in ala Boom Blox and Mario Kart Wii.
So to my fellow bloggers, what Wii or DS games do you have in you have lying around that still needs to be finished?
Just came home with my copy of House of the Dead: Overkill which was released today (for Australia). Grabbed the collectors edition Bang Bang Box which came with a sleeve, a graphic novel/comic and two hand cannon cases.
I’ve only played through the first level. Initial impressions were positive, loved the overall presentation and feel of the game, it’s extremely satisfying blasting mutants especially in slow motion. Yeah I’m just pretty much regurgitating what every and anyone who’s played/reviewed this game has said.
Feels a bit slower compared to the previous House of the Dead games. Maybe it’s the niggly slowdown loading as you progress to another area, maybe it’s because reloading isn’t “instant”, maybe it’s because I’ve only played the first level.
The hand cannon cases, sturdy and the triggers feel great. Only gripe is that the barrel is long meaning it is a bit front heavy which means tired wrists if you’re playing one handed for an extended period of time.
All in all I’m pretty pleased with it so far. I’m looking forward to putting some more time into the game and invite a few friends over
I’ve been wanting some gun cases for my Wii (I have my friend’s Wii Zapper and well that’s sort of clunky awkward) so I’ll probably pick this up and I mean at that price ($89AUD) it’s quite a bargain seeing as you get a collectors sleeve, a graphic novel and not one but two gun cases. Over here in Australia the recommended retail price for Wii games themselves are around $80-90AUD.
Brawl in the Family.
Just an amusing Nintendo related web comic I stumbled across last week.